As part of its annual Music Awards, the Australasian Performing Right Association (APRA) includes an Award for the composer of the Most Performed Jazz Composition of the Year.
All compositions, by Australian jazz composers, on CDs released between July 1, 2006 and December 31, 2007 are eligible for this Award.
The former National Jazz Development Officer Eric Myers has once again been commissioned by APRA to provide information on those compositions.
From this raw material provided by Eric, APRA inspects broadcasting and performance records and determines which compositions go on the short list for the Award.
Australian jazz composers are invited to send to Eric Myers either:
- the CDs themselves, released between July 1, 2006 and December 31, 2007; or
- information on the Australian compositions on those CDs.
These should be sent to Eric Myers at 4/39 Collingwood St, Drummoyne NSW 2047. The CDs will be returned on request.
If composers are sending information on the compositions rather than the CDs, it should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.. The following information is required:
- The name of the artist or group
- The title of the CD
- The label or record company
- The number of the CD
- The CD’s release date or launch date.
- A list of the Australian compositions and the name(s) of the Australian composer(s)
The deadline is MONDAY MARCH 24, 2008.
For further information call Eric Myers on (02) 9719 2769 or 0425 212 568.
*Photo:** Mark Sholtez, winner of the 2007 Most Performed Jazz Work.